Broad River Animal Hospital

Health & Travel Certificates

If you’re planning a trip or move with your pet, you may need to acquire a health & travel certificate before your pet will be allowed entry into a new country or state. Here’s everything you need to know.

Traveling With Your Pet?

An international pet health certificate is a must for anyone wanting to take their pet on an international trip. Preparing for a trip to another country can be difficult due to the long list of requirements and the need to do a little more research to ensure your pet meets these and other specific requirements of the destination country.

A health certificate, which is accompanied by a thorough exam, not only confirms that your pet is healthy, but that it meets all the specific health standards of the country you are traveling to. This ensures that pets are not quarantined when they reach their destination.

Pet travel certificates are documents that are required to accompany pets when they travel domestically or internationally. Domestic pet certificates can be issued by Broad River Animal Hospital, while an international pet certificate is issued by the USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS).

Join the Broad River Animal Hospital Family Today!

Phone: 828-484-7771

  • Monday:
  • Tuesday:
  • Wednesday:
  • Thursday:
  • Friday:
  • Saturday:
  • Sunday: